Please join me at my new location bryankyle.com

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Leopard

I upgraded to Leopard the weekend after it came out and so far, I've been pretty happy. There's only one thing I've noticed so far that's bothered me, Remote Desktop's VNC protocol is busted.

I did some research and it turns out I'm not the only person having this problem. Luckily, some of the others that have been having problems found out that they could connect using TightVNC. It's kind of a shame though, because RealVNC has been my Windows client of choice for the past few years.

So, while I wait for Apple to fix it, I suppose I'll have to settle with Vine Server which has worked flawlessly for me for years.

As a side note, I never knew that Apple had VNC support under Tiger until I started trying to find out why it's Apple would ship a broken new feature under Leopard. Shows how much I know.